Amazing news on super-short notice!
In this time of unstable economies and growing climate impacts, I’m facilitating a workshop this coming weekend called “Resilient People: Building strength in a time of economic and climate change.”
“Resilient People: Building strength in a time of economic and climate change” is a workshop for our time. Facilitated expertly by Resilient People co-founder Sanjay Khanna, the workshop provides a rare opportunity for participants to speak to their doubts and fears about economic uncertainty and ask questions about how climate change is going to affect their daily lives. The workshop helps people problem solve in a setting that makes it easier to get over emotional barriers that prevent individuals and communities from taking real action.
When & Where
When: Sept. 10 to 12, 2010
- Sept. 10 - 7 to 9 pm
- Sept. 11 & 12 - 9 am to 4 pm
Where: Capilano University, Library Building, Room 321, North Vancouver, BC
Please join Sanjay and fellow Lower Mainlanders in expanding your ability to face big challenges in a practical way.
To find out more about Sanjay, read his bio at The Huffington Post.
What You’ll Learn
As a Resilient People workshop participant, you’ll gain valuable insights into:
1. Being your own futurist and recognizing patterns
2. Discussing climate change so people can participate from their own PoV
3. Preparing yourself emotionally for things getting harder
4. Connecting with others around community readiness
5. Communicating to children about a more uncertain world
6. Indigenous perspectives shared with Sanjay that may be of practical benefit to non-Indigenous people
In addition, you will:
1. Meet like-minded people
2. Learn your tangible/intangible assets (friends, family, your character strengths, level of trust)
3. Determine what you need to learn amid economic / climate shifts
4. Discover what to teach others, consider whom you could mentor, think about whom you might need help from
5. Reflect on how stories, the music, the arts, etc. can help you become more resilient in community
The fee to attend this inspiring and galvanizing workshop is $250 plus HST. Payment by Visa, Mastercard, or personal cheque/check accepted.
Remember, if you need to get it together on this stuff, now’s a great time to start.
For more information or to register:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (778) 840-6250.
As soon as your registration is confirmed, you’ll be sent pertinent workshop details via email.